Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Haiti earthquake

This will give some sleepless nights I guess.

I feel so sorry for the people living there.
There isn´t so much to say or write..

In not so many years ago (2004) the total destructive wave (called a tsunami) hit the south east asia countries such as, Thailand, Indonesia and Sri Lanka - they where the ones who got the heaviest losses anyway. Approximitly 220.000 - 300.000 lost their lives in a gigantic wave of water.
Think about that for a while... that´s 3 times the population of the city I live in.

Over 5.000.000 lost their homes and had to flee.

The power of the earthquake in Indonesia was as powerful as 1.500 Hiroshima bombs. And to make that a little more understandable, the horrifying power of that - read next or do stop reading now - believe me, I do understand if you don´t wanna read anymore.

The afterchock of the Hiroshima bomb made a six time wave across the globe.
SIX TIMES.
Do you understand the brutal power in that?
SIX FOCKIN TIMES!!!!
That´s so freaking scary that.. I´m lost for words.
My dad, may he rest in peace... he said he felt the first wave of chock after the Hiroshima bomb. And, he was 14 when the bomb exploded and he lived in sweden... (use the world map here http://www.mapsofworld.com/ so you can get a grip on the distance between Japan and Sweden)
and you migh understand how powerful and disgustingly scary this is.

Wanna hear/read some more scary stuff? I bet you do.
Tought that the 1.500 times stronger then the Hiroshima bomb sounded scary?
Well read this.
The Indonesian earthquake relieced the total energy of... I urge you Not to read further..
550.000.000 STRONGER then the Hiroshima bomb.. that´s FIVEHUNDRED and FIFTHY MILLION times STRONGER.
Are you getting to see the whole picture here?

But, I some how need to end this in the most "possitive way" I possible can.
The Inonesian earthquake in 2004 hit a 9.0 on the richterscale and the earthquake in Haiti was 7.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment