Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oneechanbara: The Movie



http://www.onechanbara-movie.com/

This movie is based on a videogame, and since I don´t have the time really to play new games I haven´t heard about this before. So, I knew nothing about this when started to watching it 2 hours ago.
Aya, played by Eri Otoguro (whom also was in the amazing and funny Shôrin shôjô - Shaolin girl), lives in Japan where a mad doctor have turned dead to living. Aya doesn´t say much, she don´t have to becouse she has a katana sword that do the talking.
Her only companion is Katsuji (played by Tomohiro Waki) he on the other hand do a lot of talking, and running..and screaming.

This movie is, for me a big fan of japanese movies, a really good flick. Yes it´s lowbudget - poor cgi effects, but it enjoyable and even the zombiegirls are cute.
Since I haven´t played the game I can´t say for sure, but my guess is that one character is a tribute to Chiaki Kuriyama´s role as Gogo Yubari in kill bill.
When you see Oneechanbara I think you will understand.
So yes I do really think you should watch this one. Maby not buy it at once, but at least watch it.

The action scenes are really great. I won´t tell so much about it, but theese two I have to write about.
Aya in high heels jumps up, with one zombie on each side of her, she do a split in the air and penetrate the skulls of the zombies with her high heels...litterary being stuck like that for some seconds before she kicks them away and continue the killing of more zombies.

The other scene is filmed from above, yet again Aya chops down zombies. This time however the heads fly up to the camera and down again..and there are a lot of zombies.



And you gotta love movies where a shot-gun has as many rounds in it as Reiko´s has.
might be the best adoptation from videogame to movie, of all time alltough I haven´t played the game.

Also there is a sequel ^_______^
Oneechanbara: The Movie - Vortex

No comments:

Post a Comment